Wednesday, May 25, 2011

New People in My Life that I Pray For

Ok guys, so I've had my job at Papa Johns now for about a week and a half. I've always said that if I got a job, I'd be the hardest worker there and that I'd never complain about my job. It is my mission to be a light in a place that I'm so blessed to be able to make an income. In my time there, I have met some interesting people. Everyone there seems to be people who are easy to get along with, but each of them have voids in their lives. Nothing that they've told me about, but voids that you can only learn about by observing peoples demeanors and their behaviors. Through this short experience God has placed a burden on my heart for these people, and today he gave me a revelation. It's something I always kind of knew, but today it clicked. I need to have compassion on these people despite the fact that I can see so many things in them, because they're blind in a lot of regards. For instance, there's one girl there who every time I see her, she is having her own pity party and I can see that she brings it on herself. When she's at work she's constantly complaining and bringing everyone else down. In turn, everyone at work talks about her in a negative light. She's been snotty to me as well, but I'm able to see past her skin and see that deep down she's hurt and lonely. I feel sorry for her in a way and I kind of resent the fact that everyone talks about her the way they do. All her life she's probably had to deal with all that stuff and even though she may come off as a brat to some, making fun of her and talking about behind her back just throws wood into the fire. She's one of those people who cries for attention, probably, because her parents didn't give her any while she was young. But it bothers me when people talk about her in that light, because there isn't a whole lot that makes her different from them. It's only by the grace of God that others aren't like that. And I see that now, it is only by the grace of God that I'm not as blind as others. Far be it for me to snare at them, but  I would be much more productive if I lent out a hand of understanding to her and show her that she's not alone. I'm the kind of person who it's really hard to get under my skin. So I can ignore ignorant remarks and show compassion on people. That's my mission to her is to give a loving hand to her and show her the lesson that I've learned. That everyday is a gift from God and any day that we're not in hell, is a day that we're doing better than we deserve. And I want to show her that it is possible to have joy in this life. Although, to experience joy, we have to stop looking in the world to find it. That's what I think the world is blind to. I think the entire world is digging for joy, but they're all digging in the wrong spots. No wonder they can't find an everlasting joy, because they're not looking in God to find it. I want to ask this girl, "When it's all said and done, what do you want your dash to mean? Do you want it to be a representation of someone who lived and got pregnant during high school and got engaged in about the same time, or what does she want to be remembered for?" She has a younger sister, I want her to consider what kind of influence she is on her sister, because chances are that her sister will follow in her footsteps. Furthermore, I kinda want to give her the Hyles Anderson treatment. Long ago, Hyles Anderson had a church member who was always in the self pity boat and one day this church member came up to Hyles having pity on themself, so Hyles gave them fifty dollars and told that person to go to the flower shop and buy as many roses as they could would fifty dollars, when that person got back, Hyles then instructed the person to go to the terminally ill patients in the hospital and give a rose to each and every one of them. When this church member returned, their self pity had just vanished. One plea of my heart is that life is too short to have self pity, because it robs us of the joy that the God of the universe intended us to have as we went through this wild ride we called life. 


There are a few others who work there that I desire to reach out to. One is agnostic and another has a coexist sticker on their vehicle. Again while understanding that these two are dead wrong, there's a part of me that has compassion on them. These people too are blind without even realizing it.  It is my desire to help them see. To the agnostic (of whom I've had a deep conversation with before I started working there) I want to explain that there's only one out of two reasons why people are agnostic and that I'd bet he's a result of them both. The first reason why someone would be an agnostic is that they've never really thought about it or researched it out for themselves. I've never seen anyone research something out for themselves and come to the conclusion of agnosticism. I'm able to understand every other religion and even atheism, but I'm convinced that no one will ever research things out for themselves and come to agnosticism. Plus on top of that, every agnostic differs in what they believe, so to claim agnosticism, you'd have to claim that of all the people in the world, you're the only one who's come to the knowledge of the truth. The second reason that anyone would be agnostic is that they don't like the idea that there are laws and that one day they're going to have to be held accountable for everything they did in their life. They don't like the idea of someone telling them what to do. The wake up bomb that I want to share is that whether you believe it or not, there is going to be a judgement and one day you're going to have to give an answer for how you spent your dash. I really want to influence him to read a Bible and see for himself that it's all true.


To the coexist girl, I want to say that the idea of coexist and tolerance just goes side by side with the Bible said would happen. The Bible said that in the end times people would cry peace peace when there is no peace and explain why the idea of coexist is bad. Show them that Jesus is the only way and show how everyone who has not Jesus has not salvation and that this is why it's not enough to just say let's get along. Jesus did say that there would be a judgement and that people would go to hell, so it is our duty to go the world and warn them. Not to make peace with it. Jesus said that he didn't come to the world to bring peace, but a sword. That sword is truth, and we need to prepare people for eternity. And if you're not going to hear my plea, at least cut the Christian part of your sticker off, because there's nothing Christian about that sticker. Peoples souls are at stake and we can't afford to just be nice to them, we need to be truthful. Sure a lie will make everyone happy for a while, but the truth will set people free and give them eternal joy if they so choose to accept it.


There's a few more that I won't get into now, I just thought I'd share what the new jobs been like. Which by the way, it's really not a bad job and I do feel blessed every day I go in to have a job in a land where some people just aren't as fortunate. It is my desire to show people what's important in life and it is my goal to show that to my fellow employees in the coming days. Please pray for me and them, and the rest of the lost and dieing world. And remember to be humble, we're nothing and we've done nothing worthy of the pride we have, but praise the one who deserves the glory and serve Him in all that you do. Jeremy out!

No comments:

Post a Comment