Friday, May 6, 2011

The Pledge of Allegiance to God's Kingdom

Recently, one of my friends shared a passion that they had to send a message by staying seated during the Pledge of Allegiance that so many are forced to say in the schools. This pledge indoctrinates youngins to support their country no matter what. However, Jesus said that no man can serve two masters. Paul said that we are not of the world, but we are in it. What I’m saying is, I’m all for patriotism, but we should be patriotic towards our citizenship which is in the Kingdom of Heaven. I refuse loyalty to a country that has turned its back on God in its ways long ago. Anyways, my friend inspired me to write this.
I pledge allegience to my faith
To the united body of Christ
For which it stands
One body
Given for all 
To pay humanities debt
Given to whomever accepts it 
With grace, mercy, and justice for all of eternity
For thine is the kingdom
And the power 
And the glory 
for ever and ever. Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment